Did you know that Mangoes are packed with nutrients? They are rich in Vitamins C and A, carbohydrates, phosphorus and calcium. They are supposed to be good for stomach ailments and blood related illnesses. Eating ripe mangoes helps diminish night blindness and also gives one healthy, glowing skin.
Anyway I was out shopping the other day and I picked up some. We normally have them with our meals just sliced up. Sometimes we serve them for dessert served with ice cream….Mmmmmm yummy!!
But today I was in the mood for something more intoxicating, so I decided to make myself some Margarita.
- 2 shots tequila
- 1 shot triple sec
- 1 cup of mango chopped
- Juice of half a lime
- Some ice
- Powdered Sugar mixed with a dash red chilli powder to rim the glass
- Blend the mango in a blender till smooth.
- Add all other liquid including ice. Blend all together.
- Moisten the rim of the glass with lemon and dip it in the sugar chilli powder mix to coat the rim.
- Pour and Serve Immediately.
Raising a toast to all the wonderful men in my life –family and friends, who have stood by me. Especially my Husband and two sons who have supported me patiently handling all my shitty moods, always comforting, always inspiring and always loving!
And to all my women besties, who I have had some fun times with!
Have a happy weekend y’all.